I am a member of Birchbox, a monthly subscription service for beauty products. Here is what I received in my January box.
Description of our goodies
After removing the card, this is what I saw
This is Ojon damage reverse™ Instant Restorative Hair Serum. It is a decent hair oil to tame down unruly and dry hair. It is a nice light oil with a subtle scent. Not sure if I would purchase again because I don’t have unruly hair.
This is Harvey Prince Skinny Chic Eau de Toilette. This stuff smells absolutely amazing! It has been a really long time since I said that about a perfume. It smells like pears, apples and something else sweet and light. It isn’t sickeningly sweet like some perfumes though. I am definitely buying this one again.
This is alessandro Nail Polish in Blue Lagoon. The formula was a bit thick but I didn’t have a problem getting it on. As you can see it is a nice medium blue. It’s a pretty color but I have others like it already.
This is theBalm® cosmetics Put a Lid On It™ Eyelid Primer. You put this on before your eye products to help them stay longer. It works really well and doesn’t irritate my skin so I can recommend this one as well.
This is Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream. It is a rich face cream that isn’t greasy. It does have a very strong scent of cucumbers that I don’t like but it dissipates quickly. I would love to purchase this again but am not sure if I will do so because it is a bit pricey.
All in all this was a great box. It was probably the best Birchbox I have received so far.
I received my Glossybox the other day. Here is what I received:
L to R: Caswell Massey Almond and Aloe, Alessandro Pedix, Ofra Brow Pencil, Sebastian Color Ignite Shampoo, Sebastian Color Ignite Conditioner.
Front: Senna Lip Gloss
- Caswell Massey Almond & Alie Hand & Body Emulsion: This lotion is so light but incredibly silky feeling. It smells amazing and to be perfectly honest, I have already ordered a full size of it.
- Alessandro Pedix Feet Heel Rescue Balm: This was nice and rich and felt so good on my feet, especially my dry heels. It is very minty smelling but it doesn’t tingle or anything. A really nice product.
- Ofra Brow Pencil: This is a nice smooth eyebrow pencil. It is a medium brown and works fine. I usually use powder for my brows but I have no difficulty with this.
- Sebastian Color Ignite Shampoo: This shampoo was creamy and light. Despite the fact that I don’t color my hair I tried it and it was nice. It smelled wonderful.
- Sebastian Color Ignite Conditioner: This is a foam conditioner and I have to say I really loved it. I have straight, fine hair and this detangled it wonderfully Normally conditioners that detangle leave my hair with a heavy residue despite repeated rinsing. This didn’t and I am almost certainly going to buy it again.
- Senna Lip Gloss in Chocolate Cherry: The color is ok on this but the consistency leaves a lot to be desired. It has to be one of the stickiest lip glosses I have ever put on. It was not smooth at all. It definitely put me off from purchasing this brand again.
Interested in trying Glossybox? Go here. Have a great day 🙂