I am a member of Birchbox, a monthly subscription service for beauty products. Here is what I received in my January box.
Description of our goodies
After removing the card, this is what I saw
This is Ojon damage reverse™ Instant Restorative Hair Serum. It is a decent hair oil to tame down unruly and dry hair. It is a nice light oil with a subtle scent. Not sure if I would purchase again because I don’t have unruly hair.
This is Harvey Prince Skinny Chic Eau de Toilette. This stuff smells absolutely amazing! It has been a really long time since I said that about a perfume. It smells like pears, apples and something else sweet and light. It isn’t sickeningly sweet like some perfumes though. I am definitely buying this one again.
This is alessandro Nail Polish in Blue Lagoon. The formula was a bit thick but I didn’t have a problem getting it on. As you can see it is a nice medium blue. It’s a pretty color but I have others like it already.
This is theBalm® cosmetics Put a Lid On It™ Eyelid Primer. You put this on before your eye products to help them stay longer. It works really well and doesn’t irritate my skin so I can recommend this one as well.
This is Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream. It is a rich face cream that isn’t greasy. It does have a very strong scent of cucumbers that I don’t like but it dissipates quickly. I would love to purchase this again but am not sure if I will do so because it is a bit pricey.
All in all this was a great box. It was probably the best Birchbox I have received so far.
I received my Birchbox for July the other day. This is what I received:
L to R back: Harvey Prince Hello Perfume, Birchbox earbuds, Larabar Apple Turnover
L to R middle: Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint, Color Club Blue-Ming
Front: Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in Black
- Harvey Prince Hello Perfume: It starts out a little citrusy and then dries down to a soft floral. When I first sprayed it I thought it was very strong. Once it dried down it was nice. I probably wouldn’t purchase it again but I will definitely enjoy it while I have it.
- Birchbox earbuds: These are super cute but the sound quality isn’t the best. It’s good for backup earbuds or for taking to the beach.
- Larabar Apple Turnover: This surprised me. I expected it to be like other “natural” bars. I was surprised at the consistency so much I went and checked the ingredients. It only contains walnuts, pecans, dried apples, raisins, dates, cinnamon, sea salt, brown rice syrup and honey. Needless to say it was sweet, sticky and nutty. I really enjoyed it.
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Pearl: I love this stuff but the color I received was a bit light. LMT is really nice when you put it on. It is light and smooth.
- Color Club Blue-Ming: I like Color Club quite a bit for polish. This was no exception. It was smooth going on and the color was a lovely minty green.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in black: This was my first time trying this. It is super smooth and pigmented. It is like a soft marker so it is easy to worth with. You can put it on thin or thick without much trouble. I am definitely hooked on this.
Interested in trying Birchbox for yourself? Go here. Hope you enjoyed this information. Have a great day 🙂